Social Media Optimization is the use of social media accounts to spread and share knowledge and reputation of your business, brand, or product. By improving your social media profile and other properties, the number of views and content you’ll receive will increase dramatically. To optimize your social media accounts, you must follow these below guidelines.
Step 1. Downloading the Account Spreadsheet from our IT Toolbox. This will make it easy for you to keep track of all your accounts and passwords for yourself and your company.
Step 2. Identify and set up the social media properties that are relevant to what you do. Different Social media accounts provide different benefits and coverage, which makes sure you select the right ones for yourself and your business.
- Facebook – This is one of the biggest social media also popular. The most popular social media account currently in use. To get its full benefits, you must create both a profile, and a business page.
- LinkedIn – Used more for Business related connections, you must create a profile and business page.
- Google+ – Connected to your Google account, this allows you to create “brand pages” for your site.
- Twitter – Used for Micro-blogging, it allows you to make short one sentence announcements that you can share over several accounts.
- Flickr – Used for storing and sharing photos, must be signed in through a Yahoo account for all the benefits.
- Youtube – Used for storing and sharing Videos, connected through your Google account
- Vimeo – Used for Storing and sharing videos about your business
- Slideshare – Used for storing and sharing your presentations files and slideshows
- Digg – A news site that lets the community vote on what news articles should be displayed
- Tumblr – A blog service that lets you post and follow others
- Constant Contact – a service that allows you to create invitations and events to send announcements to your contacts
- Your Blog – The blog on your website, allows you to be as personal as you want it to be
Step 3. Optimize the accounts – The most important step. You can’t just leave your pages blank and unappealing. You have to make sure to customize your accounts and pages to be both informative, visually appealing, and connect the accounts to share information.
- Facebook – create your business page then Start by filling out all the information for yourself and your business. Then add a picture for the site’s image, such as your logo and a big banner image for the cover picture. Next, go to Twitter, Youtube, Flickr, and your other social media accounts and set them so that when they update, a new post is created on Facebook. If Flickr and youtube won’t post on business pages, search for the corresponding apps like “Youtube for Pages” or “Flickr for pages” so your videos and images will be on the page.
- LinkedIn – create your business page then Start by filling out all the information for yourself and your business. Then regularly update the information to keep it up to date.
- Google+ – Create your brand page and start by filling out the necessary information for yourself and your business. Then customize your page with artwork and photos to make your profile more appealing.
- Youtube – The photo for your page is the same one used for your Google+ account, but the background for your channel will be different, so make sure to create a good looking background image. Add any necessary information on the sidebar and then start adding videos. Be sure to connect Twitter and Facebook to your channel so that when you upload a new video, a post is made on each. Don’t be discouraged if it doesn’t update immediately, It’ll take time for youtube to send out these updates.
- Twitter – Start with filling out your information, and adding customized background and profile images. From there, you can set it up so Twitter will update on your facebook everytime you tweet.
- Flickr – After you’ve created your photo page and added your buddy icon, set your photo stream up to update Facebook, twitter, and/or Tumblr whenever you update a new photo. To get this to be automatic, you have to be logged in through a Yahoo account. If not, you will have to look for apps for each social media account to get them to update.
- Vimeo – Start by filling out your information then selecting your page’s name and a photo for that page. Then set up a connection to facebook and twitter so they make new posts each time you upload a video.
- Slideshare – Set up your channel with the appropriate information and image, then list your Linkedin, facebook, and twitter pages so they’re displayed as well.
- Digg –
- Tumblr – Start by creating your account and filling out the information, then search for apps to connect tumblr to your Flickr, Facebook, and Twitter accounts.
Step 4. Integrate the feeds from those accounts to your website. If you use wordpress, makes use of plugins like Slickr Flickr, Youtube Feeder, and Widgets like Genesis – Latest Tweets. This will make it so your most recent tweets, photos, videos, and posts will appear on your website in real time.
Step 5. Create a mobile app that receives all the RSS feeds from each of those pages using a program.
Step 6. Build a browser extension that provides links to all these destinations using.
Step 7. Make sure you have Web Analytics built into each so you can measure their impact.
Step 8. Create custom URL redirects for each of those accounts.