One of the challenges that comes with maintaining a graphic-intensive website like Shifting Pixel is finding a way to get high quality images throughout the site with as little effort as possible. To tackle this, I developed the PHP Image Resizer and have been using it around the site for the past few months.
The major advantage of this script is that it allows me to resize and crop any image on my website without touching the actual image or writing any code. I upload each image once at a high enough resolution and can then reuse it at any size I want, anywhere I want. And we add watermark to that images and we can reuse anywhere. It doesn’t matter if the images are in a post, on a page, or in a template file–it just works. All of the magic is done through the query string part of the URL in the
src attribute of the
- Resizes JPEGs, GIFs, and PNGs
- Intelligently sharpens for crisp photos at any size
- Can crop based on width:height ratios
- Can color-fill transparent GIFs and PNGs
- Built-in caching keeps image variations for optimal performance.
- And add Watermark to images.